The Department focuses on advanced research and education in the broad areas of Geotechnical, Structural, Transportation, and Water Resources & Environmental Engineering.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Program: B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)
- Intake: 90
- Duration: 04 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
To be a centre of excellence by producing civil engineers who can face dynamic challenges confronting society.
- To produce technically competent and globally employable civil engineers by providing excellent education and field exposure.
- To develop industry-academia relationships by providing consultancy services.
- To meet the challenges confronting society by undertaking research and continuing education programmes for the academic and field community.
- To organise co-curricular and extracurricular activities for overall personality development of civil engineering graduates.
|S.No.||Name of Faculty||Qualifications||Email Id|
|01||Prof. Shakti Pandey||B.E., M.Tech, PGD, JRF||[email protected]|
|02||Prof. Piyush Soni||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|03||Prof. Anuj Choubey||B.E., M.E.||[email protected]|
|04||Prof. Geeta Dandre||Diploma, B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|05||Prof. Neha Verma||Diploma, B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals and their application to the solution of problems.
- Completion of a broad-based curriculum rich in liberal studies intended to raise awareness of cultural contexts and societal issues.
- Creation of sound designs subject to uncertainty and to multiple societal and engineering constraints.
- Experience with the process of research inquiry.
- Demonstrated skill at learning.
- Project management skills and an aptitude for management of multiple tasks.
- Creative, independent thinking and a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
- A capacity for leadership, inclusiveness, and teamwork.
- Professionalism, including ethics.
- A desire to provide service to society.
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of structural design, geo-technical and geoenvironmental engineering.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfil their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership, business acumen and lifelong learning.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of civil engineers.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers meeting the global industrial requirements.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving a wide range of problems.
- To produce young entrepreneurs who will partake in the development of Indian society in its vision to become a superpower.
Testing and Consultancy facilities
We at SKITM, Indore are providing technical services for testing of Materials like Soil, Coarse and Fine Aggregate, Crusher Products, Cement all types, Concrete Cubes / Blocks / Cement Concrete, Interlocking Blocks, Flooring Tiles, Bricks all types and consultancy facilities in the field of Environmental Engineering in Civil Engineering Laboratory of the Institute.
Tests for soil
- Laboratory C.B.R. test
- Liquid limit and plastic limit test
- Shrinkage limit test
- Permeability test (lab)
- Sieve analysis (Gradation of soil)
- Moisture content
- Proctor compaction test (OMC-MDD)
Tests for Bricks
- Compressive strength.
- Water absorption.
- Tests for aggregates
- Flakiness index
- Elongation index
- Specific gravity
- Sieve analysis (Gradation )
- Soundness test
- Tests for Concrete
- Compressive Strength
- Slump Test
Tests for Cement
- Fineness test
- Consistency test
- Initial and final setting time
- Compressive Strength
Tests for water / waste-water
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand
- Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Suspended solids
- Dissolved solids
- Total solids
- Total Hardness
- Calcium Hardness
- Mg Hardness
Every year the interdepartmental competition is organized by the civil engineering department having various technical and non-technical activities with lots of cash and other prizes named Civil Mania / Thrill o Civil Bridge Model making and Crane making.
- 3 Days workshop on software SAP and STAADPro.
- How to prepare for Competitive Exams: (GATE, IES, PSCs)
- Courses on Construction Management by AMITY UNIVERSITY.
- Lectures on “Building Information Modeling” (BIM).
What Our Students Say
Gajanand Akhre father of Manasi Akhre
Hi, I am Gajanand Akhre. My daughter has completed B.Tech. with specialization in Computer Science & Engineering from Shivajirao Kadam Institute of Technology and Management, Indore. It has proven credible to be a part of this institute because of the outstanding academic culture, management, infrastructure and lab facilities provided here. Faculties guidance throughout the degree program helped students to excel in studies, skills, Tech Fests and Placements. Even during pandemic, regular online classes were very well managed by the college and the students got good placements. Overall, this institute is excellent and can be trusted. From: Gajanand Akhre father of Manasi Akhre(CS- IV year)
The opportunities and experience I got from SKITM made my skills and competence rise up to the zenith. The teachers were very supportive, especially in third and fourth year in respect to the guidance they offer which is like limelight to any aspiring engineer.The tech fest at SKITM leveraged my coding skills, confidence and inspired me to expand the horizon of knowledge.
SKITM makes me the best version of myself. All faculty members and our seniors encourage us for all extracurricular activities. I felt grateful that the mentors are supportive and guide me. In the last, my experience in SKITM is great and memorable.
I joined SKITM in 2018 for B.Tech and now SKITM has changed my life completely. This institute brings that supremacy of examination in me to scrutinize myself. Besides that, this institute works in all our pheripheral development, which helps us to achieve our goals. The motive of this institution is to work in all the dynamics of students where they can learn, become skilled, then innovate new things and transform themselves in the world of new technologies.
For B.Tech, I joined the SKITM in 2018 and SKITM has a wonderful environment of studies. It changed the dynamics of academics. The faculty and management of the college guides you in every field for building our career. Besides that, this institute works in the nourishment of students where they get to know their potential and enhance their capability, which helps us to achieve our aim. The motive of this institution is to motivate us to become a leader and a man of principles in every aspect of our life. SKITM is an organization where people learn to become an achiever and conquer success in their life.
I can positively say SKITM College of Engineering has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and interested in students' well-being. They make sure every class is educational and interactive.
I thank SKITM family for encouraging me to think globally and spread my wings to take off to the land of the rising sun, my college life gives me a memory to cherish for a lifetime.
SKITM has given a platform to share ideas, build personality. It has good exposure to every kind of facility like the lab, instruments, library, fest, seminar etc. The thing which I like most was that faculties are very helpful and always encourage us to grow up in curricular and cocurricular activities and always being with us in challenging work as well.
SKITM has fulfilled all my requirements and helped me to grow and evolve as a professional. The classes are very interactive. Apart from academics, my department always takes extra effort by providing us with opportunities like software training, industrial visits, internship etc. to develop our skills required to match the needs of the industry. I express my heartfelt thanks to the institutions and faculties.
It was my immense luck and fortune to be the part of SKITM college where I can grow. It been a great contributor to the development of my personality. It gave me an opportunity to meet different kind of people and learned many things.
It was a great experience studying at SKITM, a memory to cherish for lifetime. My experience at SKITM was full of learning and grooming. The entire faculty and department leaves no stone unturned to shape one's future. Huge respect, love and devotion for the entire faculty, members and department.
Throughout my two years of MBA at SKITM, I had countless opportunities to develop analytical skills, leadership and proactive thinking through various programs and events. These attributes were the key reasons because of which I was very much confident to face the real world. Big thanks to all my faculty and friends for the amazing journey at SKITM.
SKITM shaped me from the day one to face the corporate world. The environment in the college has taught me to be innovative and meticulous in approach to any strategic goals set for a professional. Whether the work scope is within domain of expertise or not, a proper approach can solve all issues in hand. It’s because of the knowledge I gained in SKITM. It was the support of my teachers/ mentors which motivated me to THINK BIG & GET BIG. Thank You FMS, SKITM for bringing a positive attitude to face challenges.
The infrastructure of the SKITM is really very good. The campus is neat and well-maintained. The classrooms are very spacious and have a good environment to learn in. The canteen is clean and neatly maintained. Our faculties are really good and help the students in every aspect and are really supportive. Our institution is really good for placement and training.
SKITM believes in quality education. Teaching facilities are excellent in the institute. The students are always their priority. So that they can help the students to enhance their skill and professional abilities. The environment and infrastructure of SKITM is wonderful. Also, the activities organized by the college are very helpful and good.
SKITM is a place where you can find an amalgamation of learning. It gives great opportunity as well as support from the faculties and placement officers. I loved the infrastructure of SKITM and its learning process. The events that I took part helped me to grow my confidence level. I would like to specially thank the faculties and the placement cell for guiding me and providing me a good platform for my career.
My time at SKITM truly changed who I am and who I still want to become professionally and personally. The culture at SKITM fostered the sharing of ideas, critical discussions, and collaboration among students and faculty across a wide range of interests. What I loved about the faculty was that they always entertained new ideas no matter where they came from; even if, and especially when, they were challenging to their own work. But I did not only learn from them. I learned equally much from my fellow students who became my friends and family and with whom I still work with and learn from today.
The MBA program at SKITM provided an opportunity for me to build a strong network of students, faculty, and alumni and offered numerous networking events that really helped me understand the industry. The MBA degree checked all the boxes for technical, analytical, and business skills that are absolutely essential to building a strong career in analytics. The courses didn’t just help me build my skills but also helped me communicate myself and build my confidence.
SKITM equipped me with multi-dimensional skills and provided me with a platform to interact with like-minded peers, intellectuals, and eminent persons of Industry. Learning during lectures was fascinating as most of the course work is based on case studies, group discussions, knowledge sharing with peers, and finally applying those learning’s to the industry through an internship at renowned companies.