The Department of Mechanical Engineering at SKITM has the state-of-art facilities available for it’s students and we have got a good blend of experienced and young, highly motivated faculties with rich academic experience. Most of the faculty members are presenting papers in several reputed National, International conferences on a regular basis and delivering the Faculty Development Programs to strengthen their academics.
Department is regularly conducting industrial visits for the students to aware of the working and other cultures of the industry. In industry, students come across many Japanese cultures like TQM, TPM, Kaizen, 5S etc.
Intake, Affiliation and Duration
- Program: B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Intake: 90
- Duration: 04 Years
- Approved By: AICTE
- Affiliation: Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
To be renowned for research lead quality education creating skill-ready, innovative and entrepreneurial Mechanical Engineering Graduates.
- Quality Education: Prepare responsible graduates having sound fundamental knowledge and problem solving ability, by constantly improving pedagogical methods in academic programmes.
- Innovation: Prepare graduates to respond effectively to the persistent needs of the industry by inculcating creative thinking and competitive spirit in all activities.
- Research: Develop partnership with various organizations to achieve excellence in academics through collaborative research and by providing consultancy to the industries.
- Entrepreneurship: Cultivate the spirit of calculated risk taking and thus generating self employment amongst graduates.
- Value: Prepare graduates having trust and obedience for the growth of the society at large.
|S.No.||Faculty Name||Qualifications||Email Id|
|01||Prof. Ritesh Rathore||M.E Tribology & Maintenance||[email protected]|
|02||Prof. Vikash Tiwari||M.Tech Design||[email protected]|
|03||Prof. Ankush Katheria||M.Tech Material Systems Engg. & Design||[email protected]|
|04||Prof. Umashankar Prajapati||M.E CAD/CAM/CAE||[email protected],in|
|05||Prof. Vivek Shukla||M.Tech Machine Design||[email protected]|
|06||Prof. Atul Dhakar||M.Tech, PhD(Pur)||[email protected]|
|07||Prof. Varun Jaiswal||M.Tech CAD CAM||[email protected]|
|08||Prof. Priya Soni||M.E., Mechanical Engineering||[email protected]|
|09||Prof. Sachin Pare||M.E., Tribology and maintenance engineering||[email protected]|
|S.No.||Name of Faculty||Qualifications||Email Id|
|01||Prof. Shakti Pandey||B.E., M.Tech, PGD, JRF||[email protected]|
|02||Prof. Piyush Soni||B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|03||Prof. Anuj Choubey||B.E., M.E.||[email protected]|
|04||Prof. Geeta Dandre||Diploma, B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
|05||Prof. Neha Verma||Diploma, B.E., M.Tech||[email protected]|
- An ability of applying knowledge of mathematical techniques, scientific theories, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of simple to complex problems.
- An ability to identify, formulate, analyze and solve Mechanical Engineering problems, reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of engineering and natural sciences.
- An ability to design and evaluate a Mechanical system component or a process that meets desired specifications and functional requirements, considering manufacturability, sustainability, environmental, societal, cultural and public health & safety issues.
- An ability to develop and conduct experiments using research methods, including collection and analysis of data to interpret and validate results for research based knowledge.
- An ability to develop/select and use appropriate techniques, tools, skills, engineering software and equipment necessary for practicing modeling, prediction etc. in engineering activities.
- An ability to understand contextual and contemporary knowledge to assess societal, health & safety, legal and cultural issues.
- The need for sustainable development by assessing the impact of professional engineering solutions in economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- An understanding of professional ethics & responsibilities to uplift norms of engineering practice.
- An ability to function as an individual and as a leader or team member in diverse teams or in a multidisciplinary setting.
- An ability to communicate effectively on engineering activities or otherwise in verbal, written and graphical form.
- An ability to engage in self education for lifelong learning by participating in quality improvement programmes and so, in the broadest context of technological change.
- An ability to practice financial planning and analysis of academic or industrial projects including the practice of principles and functions of management to develop managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
- Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who will help solve industry’s technological problems.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
- Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
The department has well equipped more than 10 laboratories and a central workshop which are being supervised by experienced teachers having multiple exposures of industry and teaching. The department possesses a full cut section model of IC engine (Six cylinder Eicher engine) for demonstration of its complete working. The title of laboratories are given below:
- Thermodynamics / Thermal Engineering Lab
- Theory Of Machine / Dynamics Of Machine Lab
- Material Technology Lab
- Fluid Mechanics And Hydraulics Lab
- Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Mechanical Vibration Lab
- Strength Of Materials Lab
- Internal Combustion Engine / Automobile Lab
- CAD/CAM/CIM Lab
- Mechanical Measurement And Control Lab
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Project Lab
- Central Workshop
Software/ Training Module Available With the Department
- Auto CAD
- CNC Drilling Trainer
- Cut Section Model Of Complete Engine Assembly Including Transmission System (Eicher Heavy Vehicle)
- CREO Software
- AFT Fathom
- CNC Simulator
- Demonstration of engine supplied by BMW
Testing and Consulting Facilities (Mechanical Engineering Department)
In the Mechanical Engineering Department, we have Testing Machines operation viz UTM, Hardness, Impact Tester.
Testing on UTM
- Tensile strength with elongation
- Yield/Proof stress
Testing on Brinell/Rockwell Hardness Tester
- Hardness testing
- Impact Testing
- Izod impact testing
- Charpy impact test
Collaborative approach of learning practice with IIT Indore, ISNEE, SAE India, ISHRAE.
- Intend to provide practical experience by real-time training with DCS, Indo German Tool Room, and assessment of Industrial Training, etc.
- Exposure to Patents and Publications.
- Final year students prepare physical models of their projects to learn different Mech. Engg. processes.
- The department is conducting the special classes for GATE aspirants / Mock test/interview for appearing in final interviews.
What Our Students Say
Gajanand Akhre father of Manasi Akhre
Hi, I am Gajanand Akhre. My daughter has completed B.Tech. with specialization in Computer Science & Engineering from Shivajirao Kadam Institute of Technology and Management, Indore. It has proven credible to be a part of this institute because of the outstanding academic culture, management, infrastructure and lab facilities provided here. Faculties guidance throughout the degree program helped students to excel in studies, skills, Tech Fests and Placements. Even during pandemic, regular online classes were very well managed by the college and the students got good placements. Overall, this institute is excellent and can be trusted. From: Gajanand Akhre father of Manasi Akhre(CS- IV year)
The opportunities and experience I got from SKITM made my skills and competence rise up to the zenith. The teachers were very supportive, especially in third and fourth year in respect to the guidance they offer which is like limelight to any aspiring engineer.The tech fest at SKITM leveraged my coding skills, confidence and inspired me to expand the horizon of knowledge.
SKITM makes me the best version of myself. All faculty members and our seniors encourage us for all extracurricular activities. I felt grateful that the mentors are supportive and guide me. In the last, my experience in SKITM is great and memorable.
I joined SKITM in 2018 for B.Tech and now SKITM has changed my life completely. This institute brings that supremacy of examination in me to scrutinize myself. Besides that, this institute works in all our pheripheral development, which helps us to achieve our goals. The motive of this institution is to work in all the dynamics of students where they can learn, become skilled, then innovate new things and transform themselves in the world of new technologies.
For B.Tech, I joined the SKITM in 2018 and SKITM has a wonderful environment of studies. It changed the dynamics of academics. The faculty and management of the college guides you in every field for building our career. Besides that, this institute works in the nourishment of students where they get to know their potential and enhance their capability, which helps us to achieve our aim. The motive of this institution is to motivate us to become a leader and a man of principles in every aspect of our life. SKITM is an organization where people learn to become an achiever and conquer success in their life.
I can positively say SKITM College of Engineering has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and interested in students' well-being. They make sure every class is educational and interactive.
I thank SKITM family for encouraging me to think globally and spread my wings to take off to the land of the rising sun, my college life gives me a memory to cherish for a lifetime.
SKITM has given a platform to share ideas, build personality. It has good exposure to every kind of facility like the lab, instruments, library, fest, seminar etc. The thing which I like most was that faculties are very helpful and always encourage us to grow up in curricular and cocurricular activities and always being with us in challenging work as well.
SKITM has fulfilled all my requirements and helped me to grow and evolve as a professional. The classes are very interactive. Apart from academics, my department always takes extra effort by providing us with opportunities like software training, industrial visits, internship etc. to develop our skills required to match the needs of the industry. I express my heartfelt thanks to the institutions and faculties.
It was my immense luck and fortune to be the part of SKITM college where I can grow. It been a great contributor to the development of my personality. It gave me an opportunity to meet different kind of people and learned many things.
It was a great experience studying at SKITM, a memory to cherish for lifetime. My experience at SKITM was full of learning and grooming. The entire faculty and department leaves no stone unturned to shape one's future. Huge respect, love and devotion for the entire faculty, members and department.
Throughout my two years of MBA at SKITM, I had countless opportunities to develop analytical skills, leadership and proactive thinking through various programs and events. These attributes were the key reasons because of which I was very much confident to face the real world. Big thanks to all my faculty and friends for the amazing journey at SKITM.
SKITM shaped me from the day one to face the corporate world. The environment in the college has taught me to be innovative and meticulous in approach to any strategic goals set for a professional. Whether the work scope is within domain of expertise or not, a proper approach can solve all issues in hand. It’s because of the knowledge I gained in SKITM. It was the support of my teachers/ mentors which motivated me to THINK BIG & GET BIG. Thank You FMS, SKITM for bringing a positive attitude to face challenges.
The infrastructure of the SKITM is really very good. The campus is neat and well-maintained. The classrooms are very spacious and have a good environment to learn in. The canteen is clean and neatly maintained. Our faculties are really good and help the students in every aspect and are really supportive. Our institution is really good for placement and training.
SKITM believes in quality education. Teaching facilities are excellent in the institute. The students are always their priority. So that they can help the students to enhance their skill and professional abilities. The environment and infrastructure of SKITM is wonderful. Also, the activities organized by the college are very helpful and good.
SKITM is a place where you can find an amalgamation of learning. It gives great opportunity as well as support from the faculties and placement officers. I loved the infrastructure of SKITM and its learning process. The events that I took part helped me to grow my confidence level. I would like to specially thank the faculties and the placement cell for guiding me and providing me a good platform for my career.
My time at SKITM truly changed who I am and who I still want to become professionally and personally. The culture at SKITM fostered the sharing of ideas, critical discussions, and collaboration among students and faculty across a wide range of interests. What I loved about the faculty was that they always entertained new ideas no matter where they came from; even if, and especially when, they were challenging to their own work. But I did not only learn from them. I learned equally much from my fellow students who became my friends and family and with whom I still work with and learn from today.
The MBA program at SKITM provided an opportunity for me to build a strong network of students, faculty, and alumni and offered numerous networking events that really helped me understand the industry. The MBA degree checked all the boxes for technical, analytical, and business skills that are absolutely essential to building a strong career in analytics. The courses didn’t just help me build my skills but also helped me communicate myself and build my confidence.
SKITM equipped me with multi-dimensional skills and provided me with a platform to interact with like-minded peers, intellectuals, and eminent persons of Industry. Learning during lectures was fascinating as most of the course work is based on case studies, group discussions, knowledge sharing with peers, and finally applying those learning’s to the industry through an internship at renowned companies.